Sweet potato for breakfast is not your traditional breakfast food but it is one of my favorite carbs to eat after a morning workout. My sweet husband came up with this dish. It is super simple to make and it has quickly become one of my favorite dishes for breakfast!
Paleo Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
Here is what you need to make it:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 eggs depending on how hungry you are (Marshall likes to use 6)
- 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp ghee
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- Himalayan salt & pepper to taste
- Turkey bacon (optional)
- 1 cast iron skillet or 8''x8'' pyrex
- Cheese grater
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grate sweet potato and add fresh rosemary and salt & pepper to taste.
- Mince garlic and saute in olive oil and ghee for a few minutes in cast iron skillet.
- Add grated sweet potato mixture to the skillet and place in oven for 15-20 minutes. The sweet potatoes will start to crisp up. If you want to add cooked turkey bacon, you can add the crushed bacon to the mixture when you place it in the dish.
- Once the sweet potatoes are crisp, add the eggs to the top of the dish as shown in the picture below.
- Place back in oven for another 5 minutes depending on how you like your eggs. If you like them runny, 3-4 minutes should be enough time. If you like your eggs well done, 5-8 minutes should do the trick.